My passion for nutrition started with a desire to help my mom. She was diagnosed with Multiple Sclerosis in 1998, and I made it my personal mission to support her the best way I knew how; by helping her to change her diet. By now, most of us know that there is an absolute connection between what we eat and our health, both physically and emotionally. Sometimes it’s not possible to cure a disease, but it’s always possible to know that we are doing the best we can by what we put into our bodies, and that alone can have have a positive impact on how we feel.
“Holistic Home Cookin’” is a concept born out of the desire to feed the body and nurture the spirit with comforting and healthy foods. I know that cooking can be challenging and intimidating, especially when we strive to eat “the right way”. But with a little guidance and a lot of dedication, I learned to make satisfying and healthy meals for myself and my loved ones, and I want to help you too.
Background and Credentials:
- Four years as the manager and head cook at the popular, 100% organic deli in the Natural Marketplace (Warrenton, VA)
- Over six years as a personal chef, specializing in food allergies and dietary restrictions
- Preferred in-house personal chef for four Virginia vacation rentals
- Four years of small event services
- Licensed & Insured in the state of Virginia
- ServSafe Certified
The law states that I cannot offer medical advice, and I am not a certified dietician or nutritionist. But I think you will find that my experience and passion speak for themselves. I sincerely care about my clients and I want to see them succeed.
My staff and I are looking forward to helping you take the stress off of your plate, and put delicious meals on it. Looking forward to our journey…cheers to a healthy future!